10/04/2012

Inspired by the countryside

Last week I blogged about David Hockey’s latest exhibition and his beautiful collection of paintings from his local area in Yorkshire, it reminded me that one of my resolutions was to explore my local area, particularly the countryside. So on Good Friday I ventured up to Chanctonbury Ring, once an Iron Age hill fort, it’s now known locally for its stunning views across Sussex (although you have to make it up a rather tough hill first!). I love the pictures and will try and go back in summer, autumn and winter to see how the views and trees change.

The walk up...


The view at the top...

I’m also thinking about starting a regular feature with photographs of my favourite local views, what do you think?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...