17/08/2013

Our flat

We’ve been in our flat just over one month and it’s gone so quickly, there’s still plenty we need to buy and do – a dining table and shelves are the main items on our shopping list so we can actually spread our stuff out a bit and I’ve still got a few boxes at my parents house. With all that in mind I’m not exactly house proud yet so I thought I’d just share a few snaps of my favourite things.

The colours are mainly dictated by one of the kitchen walls which is a teal colour, luckily I love the colour teal and already have quite a bit of blue stuff to match with it so it worked out well. I love this kettle from argos, a moving gift from the boyfriend’s parents.


Also in the kitchen is our new clock from Marks and Spencer , after being unable to get it online I was over the moon to find it in our local M&S, ironically the bigger M&S stores I’d been to looking for it first were all sold out.


Our window sills are made tiles, not exactly my favourite feature but it’s growing on me, covering them with candles has helped.


My butterfly cross stitch matches the teal colour scheme very nicely.


As does this bath mat from h&m home – they have some gorgeous stuff but be warned delivery takes ages!


Finally, these are our latest bargains. We’re trying to buy second hand wherever possible – mainly for financial reasons (!) but also because of how wasteful it seems to go out and buy everything brand new. This small stand was £2 at a car boot and in the next few weeks will be sanded and painted (not sure what colour yet). The small plant pot was 50p from a charity shop and is similar to ones I’ve been eyeing in home stores for around £5, just need a plant now!

5 comments:

  1. Love you kettle! Thanks for the sneak peek around your new flat- I do love a good nose around "real people's*" homes :) xx

    *As opposed to the ones with perfectly colour co-ordinated coffee table books and no dust; not even behind the fridge. WHO lives like that?! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we're saving up for the matching toaster! Yes although I love some of the interiors pictures on pinterest there's no way it would stay like that! x

      Delete
  2. My apt is a total mismatch of second hand stuff we've brought from estate sales that are on my sand and repaint list. I'll get to them eventually!

    Absolutely loving your tea pot too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of the fun is having them as before and afters that way you can see the difference. I've got so much stuff to fix up / diy too :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...