23/03/2014

Crumbly apple flapjacks – a recipe

We’ve had a couple of far too sour apples sitting in our fruit bowl for a while now, but seeing as I just couldn’t bear to throw them away I figured it was time to bake something with them. I love apple cake but have been craving flapjacks all week... apple flapjacks it is then!


I’d never heard of, nor made apple flapjacks before but simply adapted my usual recipe.

Ingredients
6oz butter
5oz golden syrup
6oz dark brown sugar
12oz rolled oats
2 apples peeled and chopped

Method
Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Line an 8 x 8 tin with baking paper.

Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir in the golden syrup and sugar until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in the oats and apples.

Spread the mixture into the tin and bake in oven for around 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let them stand for about an hour, then slice and enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. These look good - always looking for new Apple recipes for Autumn :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing! I love flapjacks and the addition of apple is a cracking idea x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flapjack, probably too much but I'm not sure that is possible.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...