11/03/2015

Springtime surprise project

Back in January and filled with new year excitement I signed up for Captured by Lucy's Springtime Surprise Project - my first gift swap! I was a bit apprehensive about picking gifts for someone I hadn't met before, but I'm so glad I joined in as it was super fun. My partner was Cristina Colli and it turns out (what a small world we live in) that I'd only been looking at, and admiring, her home over on Apartment Therapy a few days before finding out that she was my partner!

I'll share my gift to Cristina in another post, but for now here are some details of the amazing surprise I received.  Lets start with the wrapping, which was beautifully done, tissue paper tied with blue string and garnished with feathers, mixed with origami boxes and envelopes. Having had a look at Cristina's website and blog (she takes the most beautiful still life photographs) I was really hoping she would include one of her prints so was over the moon to open six, which will look great in our bedroom. The whole box matched my love for florals and feathers perfectly, fabric pieces, buttons, washi tape, cute little felt chicks as well as a mini recipe book and clever origami bookmarks she'd made herself. I even did a little squeal on un-wrapping the floral cushion cover, which is just gorgeous and I had a spare cushion pad in my cupboard so it is already in use!





I really hope Cristina likes her gifts as much as I liked mine. It's been so fun taking part and seeing all the other swaps taking place on #springtimesurpriseproject - definitely a perfect way to celebrate the start of spring.

12 comments:

  1. Wow this is just stunning! I just knew you would make prefect partners and so glad to see you have made a new friend online. I am completely thrilled at how it has brought everyone together, I feel like we have this little secret society of creativity and kindness. Thank you so much for joining in xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and thanks so much for organising! xxx

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! Also what a fun collab project! Maybe there will be more in the future that people can join in! :)
    Great post!
    xx
    Kenzie
    Behindhazeleyes06.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I know there are lots of other gift swaps about too. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow so pretty =]

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project! I adore those prints and the cushion is georgous, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely box of presents! The prints are lovely.

    Nikki x
    Bead It and Weep

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous box of goodies. I'm envious...
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful swap. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...