16/08/2015

Recently I’ve been...

Knitting an intarsia sample, I really, really didn’t think I’d be able to do this! I still need lots of practise and my brain hurt quite a bit by the end “huh, twist which wool which way again?”… but it’s not bad for an afternoon’s work. I’m already dreaming of all the knitting patterns and possibilities if I manage to master it…

Admiring the flower on my peace lily - it didn't bloom last year so I was slightly worried that I had killed it! However, after being super attentive and NOT over-watering it has finally bloomed. Only the one flower compared to the two when I first brought it, but I'm still considering it a triumph.

Reading Bridget Jones, Mad about The Boy by Helen Fielding. I've seen (and enjoyed) both films but this is the first book I've read, I'll be honest I’m not loving the plot so far, but it’s entertaining enough to keep reading. The part where Bridget joins twitter is pretty funny. 

Walking in the golden hour, when the sunshine occasionally makes an evening appearance. If we have time after work and dinner the boyfriend and I have been heading out for a short walk, everywhere is so peaceful in the evenings and it really helps to evaporate the stresses of a long day in the office.

What have you been up to?


TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | RSS

12 comments:

  1. Intarsia knitting is hard - keep at it! I think I had knit 10 fair isle sweaters before I figured it out completely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stick with the knitting - it gets easier the more you do!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that knitting looks wonderful but looks and sounds rather complicated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those where I've no idea how it was working, but at least it turned out okay!

      Delete
  4. The Golden Hour is just fantastic. I'm gutted the weather here hasn't been great, as it just all seems to roll into a grey evening. I love the knitted heart, patterns like that are on my 'to master' list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've only had a few really great evenings so far... where has summer gone? x

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous view on your walk - and well done for keeping a plant alive (that's definitely something on my I'm No Good At It List). That knitting looks brilliant; looking forward to seeing you tackling a bigger project to utilise your new intarsia skills :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've already found a gorgeous butterfly glove pattern, but think I need a few more simple projects first! :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Golden hour is the best. I'm hoping to enjoy lots more when the puppy arrives. Congrats on the blooming peace lily too!x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Intarsia knitting is really difficult. I've tried a few times and the colour changes are either horribly loose creating holes or tight on one side creating puckers! Your golden hour picture is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...