12/10/2015

Recently I’ve been…


Attempting to grow a basil cutting. In an effort to rectify my somewhat chequered history with all things green-fingered, I'm keen to save myself some money now that our shop brought basil plant is coming to an end. Having survived on the kitchen window sill all spring and summer, it's clearly hardier than ones I have had in the past. I'm hoping to grow another one from these cutting and save the price of a new plant. Watch this space. 


Admiring our new sun tunnel. Remember this post where I mentioned 'project natural light' my mission to fill our windowless bathroom with natural light, well we've made progress! I'm saving the full reveal for once we've redecorated the bathroom (you might have a bit of a wait on that) but here's a sneak peek of the sun tunnel which has solved all our problems...



Reading Under the Paw, Confessions of a cat man by Tom Cox. It's a really fun tail tale of one man and his love of cats, following his cat-filled journey through life with plenty of funny and sometimes sad anecdotes. He really plays up the personality of each cat and I have to admit I've been watching our neighbour's cat with renewed curiosity - just what are they thinking about! 



Visiting the stunning Arundel Castle, you can't help but be impressed by its crenelated towers and sheer size. The interiors are absolutely amazing, and it’s home to my one of my favourite rooms of any historic house, their Library is the stuff dreams are made of. Sadly you can’t take pictures – but it’s double height, with big red sofas, several fire places and lots of cosy nooks to curl up with one of the hundreds of books. I could live in that room.




What have you been doing recently?



TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | RSS

12 comments:

  1. Yey for basil. Basil was one of my huge successes of the veg patch this year although mine was all outside and died for the year. Even if if yours does die, it's super easy to grow some seed so don't fear too much about it dying off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'll try seed if the cuttings don't work.A friend had some outside this year and it seemed to do well, I always think it must be too cold for it in the UK! x

      Delete
  2. I'm intrigued to see the sun tunnel, that sounds like a great way to get more light flowing through and the views of Arundel Castle look amazing! My Mum's basil plants always do well in her kitchen and I love walking in and seeing potted her plants on the window sill, so here's hoping he grows well - I'm trying to do the same with my peace lily and he's survived so far! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've got a peace lily that's surviving well too! x

      Delete
  3. I'm so interested to see how the basil cutting does, will definitely be popping back to look for an update! Oh goodness, that castle sounds amazing :D I love that you can go inside! What are the gardens like? xx

    elizabeth | ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | bloglovin follow for follow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gardens are lovely, sort of like a small park with one area called the Collector Earl's Garden which has fountains, lots of flowers and a vegetable garden, which is so pretty! xx

      Delete
  4. I follow Tom Cox, My Sad Cat and My Smug Cat on Twitter, and I've been wanting to pick up Under they Paw for a while, it sounds so good!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely going to go and find him on twitter now! I'm about halfway through and really enjoying it!

      Delete
  5. Wooow that castle looks amazing! I wish it was closer... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think that about lots of the places you visit! :)

      Delete
  6. I like the sound of project natural light! Someday I want to live in a home that is just filled with natural light - with sun catchers in every window!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arundel Castle is proper lovely, isn't it? And the gardens are gorgeous too. If you haven't been before, I can heartily recommend a mooch down the tree-lined lane to the Black Rabbit, if you visit Arundel again. It's a pub right on the river- the views alone are worth the walk x P.S. Thanks to your review, I know what all my Crazy Cat Lady friends are getting for Christmas...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...