09/07/2016

Four simple ways I’m going to make my life better



It's time for something a little different today, I learnt a lesson this week and want to share the below as a promise to look after myself and make a few changes. Perhaps it will inspire you too.

Last week I was ill, so ill I missed a whole week of work (a first ever for me) and ended up in A&E. The doctors didn't know what was wrong and I had to wait another four days for test results. Luckily it was just a bad, rather rare virus, but whilst trying to diagnose they asked lots of questions about my diet and stress levels. I realised how run down I've been. A busy time at work, fitting blogging around a full time job and setting up an Etsy shop had me exhausted and surprisingly unhappy. I had the balance wrong. I'd been trying to fit my life around these things, rather than fitting these things around my life. 


So I promise to do these four things about it, starting right now:

1. Make more plans for the weekend. Whether it's seeing friends, getting on with the DIY project I'd been looking forward  to or a film night with the boyfriend. No more all work and no play.

2. Bake more cakes (and therefore eat more cakes). I used to really enjoy baking but now only do it when I have someone’s birthday to bake for and end up stressing as it'll be during a busy week. So every few weekends I'm going to pick a recipe and bake something yummy, just because.

3. Eat a proper lunch and take a proper lunch break. I've got into the habit of eating lunch at my desk, while this is sometimes useful to get a bit of blogging or shop planning done, more often than not I don't really get much done and I don't really eat much lunch. Not exactly a healthy set up.

4. Give myself a break and treat myself. I am my own worst critic, always feel I could have done better and consequently never treat myself to anything, not even a chocolate bar! But enough! Buy the treat. Eat the cake. Take a night off. Life is too short.

And do you know what? I'm feeling better already.

What do you do to keep your balance?




TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM | RSS

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you were so ill, lovely :( That must have been so scary- I really hope you're feeling better! All of those ideas sound fantastic. I'm moving house in a few weeks' time (eep!) and one of my plans is to cook more dinners with my new housemates- there's nothing quite like home cooking xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Good luck with the house move!! Yes home cooking is the absolute best! xxx

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear you've been going through a rough patch, ending up in A&E must have been really scary. Glad to hear you're on the mend now and making a positive list for change. Giving yourself breaks is so important - whether it's lunch, half an hour to crochet, a morning to bake, a weekend with friends/family - otherwise burn out is inevitable.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...